Recently commissioned work for Riddhi Kapoor.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sharing with you some recently commissioned work. When Riddhi Kapoor of I Made It spoke to me on the phone, we took a liking to each other and a bond was formed. Making a box for someone I knew was very different from making something for a stranger. I didn't know where to begin. As we spoke, 2 things that came up was that she spent her formative years in Calcutta & had many fond memories of the place and the second was that she her life revolved around her family. So with these 2 themes in mind, i got to work. She wanted her name to be worked into the design & yes that she liked earthy colours and also blues. The result was these 2 boxes.



I really liked this quote I placed on the pen box. It says "If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body. You are the continuation of each of these people.”- Thich Nhat Hanh

You Might Also Like

11 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images